Saturday, July 16, 2011

Not just another day, This year....


Growing up we never really talked about my mom a lot, It made my dad and Grandparents to sad, July 15th was just another day, We never really treated it like any other except my dad was very adamant that we buy flowers and take them to her grave for there Anniversary, Some nights I could hear my dad in his room he would be crying because he was missing my mom a little extra that day, He never knew I was there, I would just turn around and go back in another room. So as today July 15th 2011 came, I woke up and was sad. I was sad that it has been 5 months since my best friend left. Then it hit me what day it was... I sat in bed thinking hum... I should probably go buy flowers and take them to alpine before I go to work, But then I realized that I didn't need to do flowers anymore, She had something way more special than flowers she had her husband. for the first time in 22 years they got to be together to celebrate this day, It is not just another day now, Today can be a good day, Today is the day that they decided there family was going to be an eternal family and because of the choices they made 22 years ago today, I know that I will be able to see them again some day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a good day it is indeed to know you will see them both again!